Directors & Management
Peter Main (Non-Executive Chairman)
Mr Main is a mining and finance professional with experience spanning more than 30 years. During that time, Mr Main has gained working knowledge in financial markets around the mining sector and industry experience. During his career Mr Main has spent 13 years in a in the mining industry from operations through to CEO of a TSX-V listed mining company, obtaining experience across all facets of the industry. He spent 20 years in finance, more recently in an advisory capacity to the mining and finance industries. Prior to that Mr Main worked for investment banks. He has managed the Royal Bank of Canada’s (ASX:RBC) Australian equity sales and trading business for 11 years and also RBC’s regional business. Mr Main also spent six years at Hartley Poynton as a mining analyst and almost nine years full time service in the Australian Army. He was a former Director of Rizal Resources. Mr Main is currently a Non-Executive Director of Paladin Energy Ltd (ASX:PDN) where he is chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee and a member of the Remuneration, Nomination & Governance, and Sustainability Committees.
Peter Batten (Managing Director)
Mr Batten is a geologist with 35 years of experience in the resources industry as a geologist, mine manager and consultant and has worked on nickel, gold, graphite, uranium and iron or related projects. Mr Batten has worked in Bougainville, Australia, Argentina, Guinea, Indonesia, Namibia, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, USA and Zimbabwe. Mr Batten was a director for MCB Resources Limited (ASX:MCB) from 9 January 2018 until 5 August 2019. Mr Batten holds a BSC Geology and MAusIMM. Mr Batten is not currently a director of any ASX-listed companies, however has been the director of six other ASX listed companies in the past including being elected as the Managing Director of Bannerman Resources Limited and the Managing Director of White Canyon Uranium Limited. Mr Batten has a BAppSc (Geol) and is a Member of the AusIMM.
Evan Cranston (Non-Executive Director)
Evan Cranston is an experienced mining executive with a background in corporate and mining law. He is the principal of corporate advisory and administration firm Konkera Corporate and has extensive experience in the areas of equity capital markets, corporate finance, structuring, asset acquisition, corporate governance and external stakeholder relations. Mr Cranston holds both a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia. Mr Cranston is Executive Chairman of Benz Mining Corp. and Non-Executive Chairman of African Gold Ltd, Firebird Metals Limited and Vital Metals Limited.
Oonagh Malone (Company Secretary)
Oonagh Malone is a principal of a corporate advisory firm which provides company secretarial and administrative services. She has over 10 years’ experience in administrative support and company secretarial roles for listed exploration companies and is a member of the Governance Institute of Australia. Ms Malone is currently company secretary to ASX listed companies African Gold Ltd, Aston Minerals Limited, Benz Mining Corp., Caprice Resources Limited, Hawkstone Mining Limited, RareX Limited and Riversgold Limited. She is a non-executive director of Peak Minerals Limited.
The primary responsibility of the Board is to represent and advance shareholders interests and to protect the interests of stakeholders. To fulfil this role the Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Company including its strategic direction, establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of these goals.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Protection and enhancement of shareholder value.
- Formulation, review and approval of the objectives and strategic direction of the Company.
- Monitoring the financial performance of the Company by reviewing and approving budgets and monitoring results.
- Approving all significant business transactions including acquisitions, divestments and capital expenditure.
- Ensuring the adequate internal control systems and procedures exist and that compliance with these systems and procedures is maintained.
- The identification of significant business risks and ensuring that such risks are adequately managed.
- The review of performance and remuneration of executive directors and key staff.
- The establishment and maintenance of appropriate ethical standards.
- Evaluating and, where appropriate adopting, with or without modification, the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Principals of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations.